Ann Willsie How to Paint Plein Air Nov 5 2016 afternoon Event
- This event has passed.
- A series of demonstrations and impromptu dialogue with Canadian Fine Arts Ann Willsie
Plein Air Painting Demonstration
– At gallery or Weather permitting local location.
– Artist talk, and further demonstration of painting.
Plein Air painting with Ann Willsie
“En Plein Air” is a French term meaning literally, painting in “open air”. Many of the Impressionists, including Monet, Pissaro and Renoir, advocated plein air painting, and a lot of their work was painted outside. The traditional medium of plein air painting was oils. Some of the small field studies done by the plein air artists were then used in the studio, where they were enlarged onto big canvasses.
Come and meet Ann Willsie, a contemporary impressionistic artist from Kelowna, B.C., and watch as she works through a painting in oils en plein air. This event will take place, weather permitting, across the street from Creations Art Gallery. Meet at Gallery for location.
In the afternoon, Ann will be doing an artist talk and a further demo of her work.
Saturday, November 5th, 2016, from 1 – 4.
Ann’s new paintings will be on display at the gallery , which is open from 10:00 to 5:30 daily.
Past Plein Air Events for 2016:
“the Plein Airs 2016” with, Peachland Art Gallery, in Peachland, B.C.,
- a collaboration of the work of three artists including Ann Willsie and the works were
- all paintings are done “en plein air”.
Sept. 30, – Oct. 2, 2016 Bragg Creek Plein Air Festival
- Art Country Canada Gallery in Bragg Creek, Alberta
- showing plein air