“The Beauty Of Winter, Plein Air Opportunity”
A warm fire provided and Hot Lunch.
Event: This is a one-day workshop
Date: March 3rd 2018, from 10am – 4pm.
Level: Some Painting Experience Required
Medium: Recommended Oil (given time of year)
Location: Creations Art Gallery – Ancaster, ON., Canada
To book your place, register on site and add to cart. An invoice will be emailed with a followup confirming availability of space. You are then welcome to pay by phone or on the Commerce Page.
This studio workshop is for adults who want to improve painting skills. Beginner, intermediate or advanced levels are all welcome. Having some painting skills would be a definite asset. We will be landscape painting on the grounds of the St. Mary’s Retreat Centre. Acrylics, traditional oil or water miscible paints may be used depending on student preference. Age range for students from 18 and up. This workshop would require students having their own materials (List provided) and able to carry their own equipment. (Help may be available) Grounds are a moderate level of difficulty. Weather is not predictable so there will be an option to paint indoors if need be. The workshop is designed to help students understand basic fundamentals of plein air painting. Sharpen skills of observation and learn how to create value studies, sketches and practicing techniques as demonstrated by the instructor. Artist materials will be discussed and recommended. Painting demo is provided and students receive one on one as well as group instruction.
If the weather is inclement, we will make use of the studio, where students can work on their personally chosen subjects.
Supply list, with additional information, available after purchase.
For More Information, Phone: 905 648-6199
or Email: Use the Chat lower right, when we are, On Line or Offline.
- International Plein Air Painters 2005, Honorable Mention, Oil Category
- International Plein Air Painters 2006, Second Prize, Quick Draw event
- International Plein Air Painters 2007, First Prize, Quick Draw event
- Accepted into the Ontario Society of Artists, 2009
- Canadian Brushstrokes Magazine, Honorable Mention, Oil Category, 2010
- Finalist for 2017 Canada’s 150th Anniversary- My Canada Coin Competition
- Fourth Line Theatre Award Cavan Plein Air Painting Event 2016
Some of Sam’s Paintings: